If you’re an online marketer like me, you already know the value of a passive income stream. One of the easiest ways to monetize a blog or YouTube channel is to create printables that you can sell to your subscribers. These print-on-demand digital downloads solve readers’ problems and are a great way to supplement your online income. Here, you will learn how to start a printables business.
What Are Printables?
Digital products or printables are something that customers buy and download, use, and print. These products include:
- Free PLR journals
- Inspirational quotes
- Low content book templates
…and a lot more. If you can print and download it, it’s a printable. The most successful printables fulfill customers’ needs and help them resolve their problems.
Why is the Printables Business So Great?
PLR planners and other low content PLR items are an easy way to generate passive income. Simply create a form, upload it to your store or site, price it, and market it to your customers. When a buyer finds the printables they want, they purchase, download, and print them. It’s that simple!
Running a printables business is easy because there’s no overhead to consider and no inventory to keep. If you’re looking for an easy money-maker, printables are the way to go.
How to Make Popular Printables
There are numerous platforms sellers use to create products, such as:
- Google Docs/Sheets/Slides
- Adobe Illustrator
Any of the above platforms will help you create printables and modify printable PLR offerings to suit your needs.
When designing printables, be sure to check for typographical errors. After all, no one likes to buy something that’s riddled with punctuation, spelling, and grammatical mistakes! Don’t copy others’ ideas and remember to save your printables as PDFs. The best printables are colorful, easy to download, and solve readers’ problems.
There are quite a few options to sell printables online, and the method you choose will depend on your knowledge of the industry, your budget, and the look you’re after. Site plug-ins, connected storefronts, and third-party platforms are all great choices.
- Plug-ins are popular among bloggers who want to sell their products in a storefront. They’re not the most user-friendly option, simply because they often require multiple add-ons to function well. Not only will plug-ins slow down your site, but they can also create security issues.
- Connected storefronts are another way to sell the best printables courses. Storefronts like Shopify allow users to customize their stores to suit their needs and branding preferences.
- Third-party providers like Etsy host everything on their sites, with no connection to yours. Rather than creating a domain, you create an account. From there, you pay a monthly fee, and you get links that can be used on your site. When buyers click those links, they’re directed to the Etsy store where the purchase is completed.
Of all the aspects of starting a printables business, pricing is one of the most difficult. It requires constant testing, but you’ll eventually find a “sweet spot” that lets you turn a profit but won’t turn customers away.
Bloggers and online marketers often make five figures and more by selling printables and digital downloads. While that’s not true for everyone, it’s possible to grow a massive following and generate a steady stream of passive income. Creating products is just the first step. You’ll still have to market those products in unique ways, so the right customers will find and buy them.